1) This Policy also covers the treatment of personally identifiable information that Tiger Brands business partners may share with it.
3) Tiger Brands respects Your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
4) Tiger Brands will implement and operate physical, administrative and technical information security controls in order to preserve confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information assets to manage risks related to information security.
5) Should You decide to register as a user on the Platforms, we may require You to provide us with personally identifiable information which includes but is not limited to -
i) Your name and surname;
ii) Your email address;
iii) Your physical address;
iv) Your gender;
v) Your mobile number; and
vi) Your date of birth.
6) We collect data about how You use our services and products, such as the types of content You view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of Your activities. We also collect personal data You provide us when You sign up for a marketing newsletter, complete a survey or register for an account to buy our products. In so doing, we may ask for personal data, such as Your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number or credit card details. We may collect “special categories of personal data” about You with Your explicit consent.
8) We may collect personal data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third-parties and where we operate Tiger Brands accounts on third-party platforms: For example, when You use the “like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+. Additionally, we receive information about You and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful. We also collect information about You and Your activities from a third-party when we jointly offer services or products, or from third-party data enrichment providers (to find out more see our privacy key terms ) who may deliver insights to Tiger Brands about the personal data we hold.
9) Log Information – When You use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
i) Details of how You used our service, such as Your web clicks.
a) Internet protocol address.
ii) Device event information such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request and referral URL.
iii) Cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser or Your Tiger Brands account.
ii) Should Your personally identifiable information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to Your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update Your personal information.
c) Should we receive Your personal identifiable information, through the use of the Platforms, You agree and acknowledge that Tiger Brands may -
i) treat Your personally identifiable information as strictly confidential;
ii) take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that Your personally identifiable information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
iii) provide You with access to Your personally identifiable information to view and/or update personal details;
iv) promptly notify You if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of Your personally identifiable information;
v) provide You with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
vi) upon Your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of Your personally identifiable information in our possession or control.
d) We will not retain Your personally identifiable information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or You consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
10) We collect, process and disclose Your personal data for the following purposes:
a) To process Your payments, if You purchase our products, to provide You with Your order status, deal with Your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
b) To process and answer Your inquiries or to contact You to answer Your questions and/or requests;
c) To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
d) For the purposes of competitions or promotions that You have entered;
e) To communicate information to You and to manage Your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
f) To manage our everyday business needs regarding Your participation in our contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or request;
g) To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
h) For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
i) To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
j) To provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to You.
11) Where appropriate, we will ask for Your consent to process the personal data. Where You have given consent for processing activities, You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time.
12) In some cases, we rely on legitimate interest for processing Your personal data. A legitimate interest could exist for example, when You sign up for a loyalty scheme with one of our brands and we use the personal data collected to conduct data analytics to improve our products or services. This ground will only be used where it is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest, for example to assist in the performance of a contract, or to optimise a service, and does not outweigh Your rights as an individual. This legal basis will only be relied upon where there is no less intrusive way to process Your personal data. We can assure You that if legitimate interest is used as a ground for processing Your personal data, we will keep a record of this and You have the right to ask for this information.
13) We may process Your personal data to perform a contract to which You are or will be a party. For example, we need to process Your personal data to deliver a product or a service You bought, to allow you to take part in one of our competitions, or to send You samples that You have requested.
14) We may process Your personal data when we have a legal obligation (e.g., tax or social security obligations) to perform such processing. For example, a court order or a subpoena may require us to process personal data for a particular purpose, or we may be compelled to process personal data to report suspicious transactions under the local anti-money laundering rules.
15) Information Sharing and Disclosure
a) Take note that Tiger Brands sends personally identifiable information about You to other companies or people when:
i) we have Your consent to share the information
ii) we need to share Your information with third parties, such as banks and credit card processors, to provide the Service You have requested
iii) it is appropriate to comply with law
iv) it is necessary to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our agreement with our merchant and other applicable agreements
v) it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tiger Brands, our users, or others, which may include the exchange of information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction. In the event that Tiger Brands is acquired, merchant account information may be one of the transferred assets.
Note: It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your login ID/password, other sensitive account data and to Your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and otherwise safeguard the password used to access the Tiger Brands services.